Can I do the work myself?

No. Under s.110.R5 of the MA Building Code, 780 CMR, an individual must be properly licensed as a Construction Supervisor to perform the work and/or supervise others when working in a commercial and/or multi-unit residential building. When the work is completed under the building permit and all work has been approved by the inspector(s) then a Certificate of Occupancy is issued to identify the new tenant within that space.

Show All Answers

1. I’m thinking about starting up a small business in Bedford. What should my first step be?
2. I’m going to renovate my tenant space before I move in. What’s involved with that?
3. Can I do the work myself?
4. What if I like the space the way it is and don’t plan on doing any work except for painting?
5. I’m thinking about putting up a wall sign for my business. Do I need a permit before I put it up?
6. I want my sign to be illuminated. Are there any special requirements to do this?
7. I’m thinking about staying open 24hrs. Can my sign stay on all night?
8. Can I have any additional signage besides my wall sign?