Bedford Community Choice Aggregation is an electricity supply program offered by the Town of Bedford to provide residents and businesses with new, Town-vetted options for electricity supply. Eversource continues to deliver your electricity, repair power outages, and maintain the electricity grid; they also send you one bill for the electricity you used.
On the Bedford Community Choice Aggregation website, residents, business owners, and other electricity customers can:
- Learn how the program works
- See different electricity products
- Easily enroll in any of the program options or leave (opt-out) the program
- Read the aggregation plan
- See the benefits of supporting renewable energy generation
- View a video recorded by Emily Prince of Bedford's Energy and Sustainability Committee and Gary Fogelman from Good Energy
Notices About the Program
Please keep in mind that future savings cannot be guaranteed because Eversource Basic Service rates change every six months for residential and commercial customers and every three months for industrial customers.
Newly eligible customers will receive a Customer Notification Letter detailing the program and ways to leave the program (opt out); those who choose not to opt out will be automatically enrolled.
Customers who have chosen a third-party supplier will not receive a Customer Notification Letter and will not be automatically enrolled. They can voluntarily join the program, but they may be subject to penalties or early termination fees from the third-party supplier if they switch to the electricity program during the term of their contract with their chosen supplier.