- Town Manager
- Town Meeting
Mark Siegenthaler, Town Moderator (Term Expires 2025)
Bedford has an open town meeting form of government, which means that all of Bedford's registered voters are eligible to come to Town Meeting (TM). Some towns in Massachusetts have a representative town meeting and elect their TM members. In the government structure of Bedford, registered voters attending TM are the "legislators" and are encouraged to attend and participate. Town Meeting members are vested by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and Bedford's Charter with the traditional powers of the legislative branch of any level of government: the power to make laws (in this case, called By-laws) and the power to approve the expenditure of money. No money can be expended by the Town without the approval of Town Meeting. No general or zoning laws can be enacted by Bedford without the approval of Town Meeting.
Materials from past Town Meetings and general information about Town Meeting in Bedford can be found in the tabs and frequently asked questions on the left side of this page.
Town Meeting Survey
Bedford residents, whether or not they have attended Town Meeting, are invited to fill out this five minute survey about their experiences by April 3, 2023: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BedfordTownMeeting
2023 Annual Town Meeting Materials
2023 Annual Town Meeting will begin on March 27 at 6:30pm (please note earlier start time) at the Bedford High School Auditorium (9 Mudge Way).
2023 Annual Town Meeting Warrant
Video Presentations on the Warrant Articles
Motions (coming soon)
Community Preservation Committee Report to Town Meeting (Article 7)
FY2024 Capital Projects Plan Backup Information (Article 8)
FY2024 Operating Budget Detail (Article 12)
Bedford Public Schools Budget Presentation (Article 12)
Finance Committee Budget Presentation (Article 12)
Financial Indicators Review - Finance Committee (Article 12)
Two-Family Zoning Presentation (Article 22)
Planning Department Information Page on two-family zoning (Article 22)
Please note: In the chart on pages 38-42 of the Warrant, the column labeled "FY24 Adopted" should be labeled "FY23 Adopted"
- What do I need to know about the check in process for Town Meeting?
- How do I submit a Petitioner's Article for the Town Warrant?
- How can I volunteer to be on a town committee?
- Where can I read the rules?
- When is Town Meeting?
- Why Do Voters Need to Attend Town Meeting?
- What is the Warrant? Why is the motion made at Town Meeting sometimes different from what is published in the Warrant?
- Who can attend Town Meeting? Who can vote? Who can speak?
- What to Think About Before You Speak or Present at Town Meeting.
- What Is an Open Town Meeting?
- What Bedford’s Town Meeting is Not.