Bedford’s Fall curbside yard waste collection begins Monday Nov 6, 2023. Yard waste will be collected on three Mondays in November, excluding the week of Thanksgiving.
Residents should place acceptable yard waste curbside in tall paper bags or open barrels with no lids on Sunday evenings, but no later than 7AM on the day of collection. The Town's Contractor will begin collection each week on Monday and finish collecting the yard waste route by the end of the day Friday. To report a missed collection, use the Waste Wizard tool at www.bedfordma.gov/recycling.
Acceptable yard waste includes:
- Leaves & pine needles,
- Grass clippings, garden trimmings & weeds
- Tree material up to one inch (1”) in diameter.
Yard waste in plastic bags will be left behind. Collected material is brought to the Town’s Compost Center. Please NO stones, trash, or other non-compostable debris.
Residents can also bring yard waste, tree limbs and larger tree material to the Compost Center, 108 Carlisle Rd, on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The site is open from 8AM-1PM (extended hours until 3PM on Sat Nov 11, Sat Nov 18 and Sat Nov 25). A resident sticker is required. Stickers are available during business hours at the DPW, 314 Great Rd, with proof of residency (vehicle registration and driver's license). Contractors, Landscapers and Commerical vehicles are not permitted to use the site.
Bedford’s Stormwater team wishes to remind residents that Bedford’s storm drains and catch basins bring untreated water directly to our rivers and streams. Help protect our watershed with these helpful tips:
- Consider mulching leaves in place with your lawnmower to put valuable nutrients back into the soil.
- Gather leaves and other yard waste into a compost pile, let overwinter and decompose and then use as fertilizer next growing season.
- Bag leaves for collection or bring them to the Town Compost Center.
- Reminder: Yard waste should not be placed in or adjacent to any wetlands.
Learn more about Bedford’s Stormwater Management Program at www.bedfordma.gov/dpw/stormwater or email: StormWater@bedfordma.gov