Spring Recycling Events Schedule;
Curbside Yard Waste Collection – April 24th
Compost & Recycling Center, 108 Carlisle Rd, Bedford
The Compost & Recycling Center will continue to be open to residents every Wednesday and Saturday, from 8AM until 1PM.
The following materials are accepted for drop-off Recycling:
- Mercury-containing devices
- Scrap metal (no large appliances)
- Textiles (bagged, in any condition as long as clean & dry)
Resident access stickers are free but required and can be obtained at the DPW, 314 Great Rd, during business hours. Please bring your vehicle registration and driver’s license or utility bill as proof of residency when requesting a sticker.
Free finished compost and wood chips are available to the left of the site when approaching the exit. The material is generated from what residents bring to the site. The finished compost is sifted, but not tested for quality or contaminants.
SAVE THE DATE: Spring Special Recycling Events will be held on Saturday May 6 and Saturday May 20. Returning recycling opportunities include e-waste, on-site paper shredding, Styrofoam (#6 EPS solid white packaging bracing only) and bulky rigid plastics. More details to follow at www.bedfordma.gov/recycling
Curbside Yard Waste
Spring Curbside yard waste will be collected Monday April 24, 2023.
Acceptable material includes:
- Leaves, pine needles, grass clippings
- Garden trimmings and weeds
- Tree material up to one inch (1”) in diameter.
Place yard waste in paper yard waste bags or open barrels that are clearly marked “yard waste”. Avoid using old rectangular recycling bins for yard waste as these can be difficult for the drivers to identify. Yard waste in plastic bags will be left behind.
Food Waste Composting Programs Available
Residents can still take advantage of various programs for composting their food scraps and other compostable waste.
- Reduced-price backyard compost bins are available at the DPW, $45 each.
- Free Curbside Starter Kits for new Black Earth Compost subscribers. Sign up for curbside service (current cost is $80.99 for 6 months of weekly pickup) and receive a free green curbside bin and supply of compostable liners from the DPW. Cost of service for everyone will be reduced when 500 families sign up for the program.
- Free Drop-off Food Waste Program – Sign up at www.bedfordma.gov/recycling to participate in the drop-off pilot program at The Compost & Recycling Center.