Concerns Regarding Child Abuse / Elder Abuse/ Person with Disabilities Abuse

Report Child Abuse or Neglect 

All reports of suspected child abuse or neglect must be phoned in to DCF. Please call immediately if you know of, or suspect, an incident of child abuse or neglect.  During regular business hours (8:45 a.m.-5 p.m. M-F) call the Department of Families and Children (DCF) area office that serves the city or town where the child lives.  Full list of Area Office Catchment areas.  

Framingham Area Office (covers Bedford Mon-Friday 8:45am-5pm)  

Address:300 Howard Street, Framingham, MA 01702 

 Child-at-Risk Hotline (nights, weekends, and holiday)

Report Elder Abuse or Neglect

There are 2 ways to report elder abuse: by calling the Massachusetts Elder Abuse Hotline 800-922-2275 or by filing a report online.

Do not use the online system if:

  • This is an emergency or life-threatening situation that must be dealt with immediately. Call 911 or make a verbal report to the Massachusetts Elder Abuse Hotline at 800-922-2275.
  • You want to report anonymously, as filing online requires you submit your name.
  • You do not have the name and address of the victim. The online reporting system will not allow you to file such reports.

Minute Man Senior Services provides Elder Protective Services for the Bedford Area.

Report Abuse or Neglect for Person with Disability 

Disabled Persons Protection Commission (DPPC)  (24 hours / 7 days a week) 1-800-426-9009

Ages 18 to 59

Deaf and Hard of Hearing callers, please use Video Relay Services (VRS) or MARelay (711)