The Assessment Date is January 1st of the previous year.
Ownership, condition and value of the property on January 1st is critical in the assessing function...any new structures, additions, demolitions or improvements occurring after January 1st, will not reflect in the assessing records until next January 1st.
**Only exception is to certain exempt property, which has a determination date of July 1st.**
The Fiscal Year commences on July 1st and ends June 30th. Property taxes are assessed for Fiscal Year (ex. July 1st 2021 - June 30th, 2022) based on value of property, as of the previous January 1st. **Important to note, assessments are based upon prior calendar year market or sales activity.**
- Property Tax Assessment Date (for the following fiscal year)
- Real Estate & Personal Property Abatement filing begins
- Real Estate & Personal Property Abatement deadline
- Personal Property Forms of List deadline
- Tax Exempt Property Filings of 3ABC Forms deadline
- Income & Expense Forms deadline
- Application for Personal Exemptions deadline
June 30th - Fiscal Year ends
July 1st - Fiscal Year begins
Qualification date for statutory exemptions begins
**Please note personal exemptions applications are only available & accepted beginning July 1st through April 1st during current fiscal year. Applications will not be accepted after April 1st, 2023 through June 30th, 2023**
- Application for Chapter Land deadline