CHAMP (Common Housing Application for Massachusetts Programs)

  • Using this site, you will be able to apply for state-aided public housing and the Alternative Housing Voucher Program (AHVP), and you will also be able to find any existing applications you may have. Moving forward, as your address changes or other information on your application changes, you will only need to update information at this site. All of your changes will be recorded at the housing authorities where you have applied. If you have questions, please ask staff at your local housing authority to help you.

Bedford Housing Authority

  • Subsidized housing for the those who meet age/income requirements. You can apply online through the CHAMP website or ask for a paper application. They should be able to guide you to other housing resources as well.

Metro Housing Boston

  • RAFT (Residential Assistance for Families in Transition) and Emergency Rent and Mortgage Assistance (ERMA), are funded by public contracts and private grants and donations, and help low-income renters to achieve housing stability and better lives. For COVID-related housing crises, RAFT and ERMA can provide eligible households up to $10,000 that can be used to help keep their housing, obtain new housing, or otherwise avoid becoming homeless, regardless of source of income, or lack of income. Citizenship or immigration status is not an issue for most of this funding. You can apply online or by paper application.

  • Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP): Eligibility is based on the family's total gross income. At least 75% of all vouchers issued by a housing agency must be targeted to households whose total income does not exceed 30% of the area median income. HUD establishes income limits. Applicants may contact any one of DHCD's eight regional administering agencies (Metro Housing Boston) to request an application or, a hard copy of the DHCD application can be downloaded and then submitted to any of the regional agencies. Please be advised that because the demand for housing assistance often exceeds the limited available resources, long waiting lists exist. (Note: In Massachusetts, families can also apply to over 100 local housing authorities that also administer the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program. Lists are frequently closed due to the number of families waiting.)

Bedford Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)

  • ERAP provides temportary monthly rental assistance in the form of a grant to eligible households who havea  loss of income due to COVID-19 pandemic. ERAP will pay between $350-$800/mo in rental assistance, depending on unit size for four months. Payments are made directly to the landlord Grant renewals may be possible depending on need and available funding. ERAP is funded through the Bedford Affordable Housing Trust.


MetroWest Mediation Services

  • We are neutral third party mediators who facilitate conversation, build understanding, and overcome impasse in order to end conflict. We help parties craft durable agreements based on what matters most to them. We train community members and organizations in the skills of conflict resolution, equipping them with the tools to improve relationships and increase efficiency.

Middlesex Community College Law Center

  • The Middlesex Community College Law Center in Lowell is a community mediation center that has provided conflict resolution services since 1989. We administer consumer protection, individual, community, and trial court mediation services and training, as well as school-based violence prevention programs and Re-Entry and post incarcerration mediation programs. All of our programs are supported by MiddlesexCommunity College, the Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General, the Massachusetts Office of Public Collaboration, the Lowell Public Schools, and private grants. Our programs are free to all.