Trash & Bulk Items
Mattresses and Box Springs
Schedule mattresses and box spring collection at the UTEC mattress recycling website.
- Mattresses and box springs are collected at the curb twice per month, by appointment.
- Place all items at the curb by 7 AM on collection day, but not more than 24 hours in advance.
- All size mattresses are accepted.
- NO wet or excessively soiled mattresses.
- NO futons, or fold-out sofa bed cushions.
- NO air mattresses, water beds, or infant sleeping pads.
- Please note that Republic Services will no longer pick up recyclable mattresses and box springs for bulky item disposal.
Bulky Waste Disposal - Use the Waste Wizard
Bulky items are regular household items that are too large to fit into the trash cart of an overflow bag. Smaller items should be dissasembled or broken down and then placed into the trash cart or an overflow bag.
- Residents may schedule one bulky item per week for disposal.
- ACCEPTABLE ITEMS INCLUDE:
- Household Furniture (including wooden, plastic and upholstered)
- Carpet & Rugs (rolled & tied, cut down to 4ft lengths, no more than 50LBS per roll)
- Oversized plastic items
- For electronic items, white goods, metal items and tires, please view the fee schedule below.
- NO Construction Waste (include wood/pallets, brick, concrete or toilets, sinks, bathtubs)
- NO bags of miscellaneous items - use an overflow bag (see above for details.)
- Click here to view current Fees, effective July 1, 2023.
- Before you spend money on bulky disposal, check the Waste Wizard tool for other options.
Unacceptable Trash Items
Disposal of any building, renovation, or construction material is the responsibility of the property owner. This includes toilets, sinks, bathtubs, wood waste, brick, concrete, etc. Residents should contact a private disposal service or utilize a dumpster bag.
- What if I can't fit all my trash in the cart?
If you occasionally have more trash than can fit into the cart with the lid closed, use an official overflow bag.
- Can I request an extra trash cart?
Yes. Additional trash carts are available for an annual fee. Submit the online Trash Cart application. Annual invoices for the second trash carts are issued on October 1. Unpaid carts are subject to removal for non-payment.