- Public Works
- Stormwater Management Program
Stormwater Management Program
The Town of Bedford undertakes a variety of Best Management Practices (or BMPs) through its Stormwater Management Program to help reduce the discharge of pollutants to our local waterways and wetlands. Many of these BMPs are completed or coordinated by the Department of Public Works (DPW). The DPW has prepared a written Stormwater Management Plan to formalize Bedford's program to address stormwater concerns in the Town and document compliance with State and Federal regulatory requirements.
Bedford’s Stormwater Management Bylaw & Regulation
Stormwater Permit Forms (Effective April 2022)
Stormwater System and Receiving Waters Map
Important Information / Public Education
- Construction BMPs Poster (PDF)
- Notice of Stormwater Work (PDF)
- Notice of Work Outfall Inspections (PDF)
- Pet Waste brochure (PDF)
- Phosphorus public education_Bedford Businesses (PDF)
- Septic Smart infographic (PDF)
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention for Residential Construction (PDF)
- Town of Bedford Rain Barrel Program (PDF)
Stormwater Management Plan
Notice of Intent (NOI)
Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination Program (IDDE)
NPDES Annual Reports
View the archive of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Annual Reports.
If you have any comments or questions, or need to report on a stormwater issue, please email the Town of Bedford’s Stormwater Management Team.