Bedford Social Work Services: Available to all Bedford residents the Town Social Workers can assist with
- Ensuring individuals have food security during this time. Residents who are struggling with having an adequate amount of food in their homes can reach out to the Social Workers for assistance getting connected to the Bedford Food Bank, Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP / EBT), and other community resources. The Social Workers will work with residents faced with hardship and unable to travel outside their homes through food bank home delivery.
- Information accessing financial supports such as SNAP, unemployment, MassHealth, and utility assistance.
- Transportation to appointments and essential services.
- General support for coping with anxiety during this time. Residents are able to call and speak with a Social Worker who can provide strategies for managing anxiety.
- Outreach calls for residents who are experiencing isolation. Residents who are concerned about individuals who are experiencing isolation can contact the Social Workers.
- Getting residents connected with Health and Mental Health providers.
If you are a resident under the age of 60 you can contact Social Worker Christopher Bang in the Youth and Family Services Department.
If you are a resident who is 60 or older please contact Social Worker Danika Castle in the Council on Aging.