Bedford Day 2023
Thank you to the residents of the Town of Bedford, Town Staff and the many volunteers for a successful 2023 Bedford Day.
September 23, 2023
BEDFORD DAY MAPS
Bedford Day Fireworks for 9/23 have been CANCELLED.
Bedford Day 5k, Parade and Fair will be held on Saturday, 9/23 rain or shine.
5K Road Race - 8:30am
8:30am at John Glenn Middle School. Fee: $25 Kick off Bedford Day 2023 by running or walking in the Bedford Day Road Race! Proceeds will go to the Recreation Department Scholarship Fund. Register here by September 1st to guarantee a t-shirt! The race starts at 8:30am and the registration table opens at 7:30am on Bedford Day. Volunteers are also needed. Please sign-up to volunteer here.
The Bedford Day Parade steps off at 10:30am. The route begins at the intersection of The Great Rd. and Loomis St., proceeds north on The Great Rd. and turns left onto Mudge Way, where it ends.
Please note: only adult marchers (no vehicles) may toss candy to the crowd. Children under age 14 may not toss candy nor may any occupants of vehicles toss candy.
Fireworks - 7:30pm
Arrival after 6:00pm. Best viewing areas: Fields between High School and Town Hall. Fireworks launched from John Glenn Middle School. Sabourin Field will be closed. Final details released at a later date. Portable restrooms will be available.
Fair/Booth - 10am-2pm
The Bedford Day Fair runs from 10am - 2pm in the Town Hall parking lot and surrounding grass areas. Parking is limited at the high school and library. Please be advised that the Great Rd and Mudge Way will be closed down for the parade.
If you missed the August 31st deadline, please contact the Recreation Department to see if we have any booth spaces still available.
- All payments must be made at time of registration to secure your booth.
- Fair fees are non-refundable.
- All non-profits must include proof of non-profit status (501c3/501c4). Include with paper registration form or, if registering online, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- "For Profit" groups may not sell goods/services at the fair but may distribute promotional materials and free items.
- Any groups selling (non-profits only) or giving away food must submit a Temporary Food Application to the Bedford Board of Health (781-275-6507). Codes will be enforced and closely monitored.
- Raffle permits must be obtained from the Town Clerk (781-275-0083)
- There is no guarantee that groups will be assigned a former space.
- Groups must clearly display organization name if represented by a third party on registration.
- Set-up time: 8am-10am (no vehicles on Mudge Way/parking lot between 10am-2pm)
- Take-down time: 2pm. Fair participants must commit to staying at fair until 2pm.
- Application deadline August 31st. Applications received after deadline will be considered if there are cancellations.
- All spaces are 12' x 12' and nothing from your "booth" can exceed those measurements.
- The space is just a space. No tables/chairs or canopies are provided.
- Please contact the Recreation Department for approval in advance to have any rides/inflatables at the fair (781-275-1392) - insurance is mandatory.
- All tents, canopies, tarps: per order of the Bedford Code Enforcement Department, must be fire retardant (manufacturer's label to this effect must be visible).
- Non-Profit School/Town Committee - $25 per space
- Bedford For Profit Business - $70 per space
- Non-Bedford For Profit Business - $115 per space
- Electricity Request (ONLY available to Bedford Non-Profit Food vendors on "Food Row") - $30